This update fixes a lot of bugs and issues! Notable:
* Fixed horses getting hurt by walls
* Fixed animals escaping their pens
* Improved sprinting behavior
* Ctrl + left-click on Mac now acts as right-click
If you haven’t got it already, this update requires the new launcher that you can find here: http://minecraft.net/download
The Horse Update!
Important: In order to get this update, you need the new “Minecraft Launcher”. Download it here: https://minecraft.net/downloadÂ and replace the old launcher.
Changes in 1.6:
+ Added Horses
+ Added Donkeys, Mules
+ Added Horse Armor
+ Added Leads
+ Added Carpets
+ Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
+ Added Block of Coal
+ Added Name Tags (item)
+ Added Hay Bales
* Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc
* Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
* You can’t destroy blocks with a sword in creative mode
– Removed Herobrine
First of all, Scrolls has been released and 60,000 players are already competing for the top ranking! Read all about this new trading card strategy game over at Scrolls.com.
Also, you haven’t forgotten about the pew-pew shooter Cobalt, have you? It’s still being worked on, and the v121 update and Mac OS X release is “very, very, close to be released” 😀 Head over to www.PlayCobalt.com for videos and downloads.
And finally, Minecraft 1.6 – the “Horse Update”, will be released next week! The update has leads, carpets, hard clay, donkeys, mules, and of course horses! This update requires a new Minecraft launcher to load. We’ll post more info about that here and on Mojang.com when it’s ready.
Competition time! J!NX are looking for t-shirt illustrations that celebrate the âUnsung Heroes of Minecraft.â Forget about Creepers and Steve for this one: itâs about ocelots, iron golems, and sheep; the smaller guys that sometimes get forgotten. Another thing: JiNX have boosted the prize pool since the competition was first announced.
VisitÂ J!NX for the details. You have until June 3rd to submit your entries.
* A bunch of bug fixes!
* Performance improvements when using HD texture packs
* Many improvements for Minecraft Realms (will become publicly available “soon”)
* Fixed a bunch of bugs
* Improved performance
* Notable: Crash on Mac OS X on âOpenGL Function Not Supportedâ
* Notable: Unable to place paintings
Watch the Minecraft 1.5 Redstone Update in song form: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmpxpH-tMWc
+ Added Redstone Comparator (used in Redstone logic)
+ Added Hopper (collects items and moves them to containers)
+ Added Dropper (similar to Dispensers, but always drops the item)
+ Added Activator Rail (activates TNT Minecarts)
+ Added Daylight Sensor
+ Added Trapped Chest
+ Added Weighed Pressure Plate
+ Added Block of Redstone
+ Added Nether Brick (item)
+ Added Nether Quartz and ore
+ Added Block of Quartz, with half blocks and chiseled variants
+ New command: /scoreboard
+ New command: /effect
+ Containers and mobs can have custom names
* Inventory management has been changed, for example you can drag-place items over slots
* Texture packs now have separate images for each block and item, and can have animations
* Nether Quartz Ore now spawns in the Nether
* Smooth lighting now has three settings (none, minimal, maximum)
* More detailed death messages
* Some hostile mobs now are harder in Hard difficulty
* Many, many, bug fixes
– Removed Herobrine
Imagine getting your art in our 2014 Minecraft calendar, winning a heap of prizes, and helping raise money for Block by Block â our collaboration with UN Habitat â in the process. Itâs a massive win-win for everyone!
All you need to do is submit a piece of art by February 8th. Visit J!NX for more info: http://www.jinx.com/design_contest_info.aspx?theme=5
* Fixed crash related to arrows fired from dispensers
* Fixed a multiplayer crash when using fireworks without a fireworks star
* Fixed long timeout when checking SRV records